Friday, July 01, 2011

A Tale of Five Gamers - Week 15-1 - Jono's Tyranid Update

Jono's Week 15 Update


Well, another week down, getting ever closer to the end date, which is a bit daunting now considering how many gribblies still aren’t finished!


I have had a bit of a setback this week, as I have run out of Mecharite red! This should remedied with a trip my local GW, hopefully I will get some time Sunday!

Anyway, moving on, the feature for this week’s update, is my fully completed Tervigon! I know that I have posted her before, but I want to flaunt her just once more, as she has been based! Having a MASSIVE (6”x4”) base, I didn’t want to just leave it plain and brown, especially not with the flak that I have been getting from Chris and Dave for not using their ‘awesim’ resin bases.. Alas, a bit of sand, a barrel I made earlier and some washes have left me with this:

I am impressed with the outcome, as the washes went into the sand really well to create the mess that I was trying to achieve! The ‘oil’ is literally just Badab Black, but the blood effects are a mix of Baal Red wash with a smidge of Mecharite for good measure.

As usual, any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Until next week, adios!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails