Saturday, May 28, 2011

a Tale of Four Gamers - Week 10-2 - Second round of updates!

Jono's Week 10 Update

Hi All!

Since the addition of another person to the Tale of Three Gamers (Tale of Multiple Gamers?!), I have come to realize that fielding a force of Nids with 26 models, where an SM player can play 25 is going to leave me at a bit of a disadvantage! Sure I may have a 6 wound MC, and a 3 wound CC monster BUT these two models together come to over 250 points, with the Hive Guard that’s over 350.. I decided I needed a change!

After testing (mentioned below) I figured I need Hormagaunts as Termagants alone will not be that ‘killy’! Alas, I may well add TS to the Tervigon, in the near future and take away a Gaunt or two, but alas, I am more happy now than I was!

Either way, my list looks something like this on the table..

Granted, the majority of these guys are just primed, but most of them have been assembled in the last week! In total, I have assembled 19 Termagants and 17 Hormagaunts.. Next to get some more paint on them!

Another reason I changed my list, I recently bought AOBR for the rulebook, (as well as the extra minis)! To help get things flowing in my head, I did a few test games: SMs Vs. Termas and SMs Vs. Hormas. I have come to the conclusion that Termagants are good for forcing multiple saves and keeping units tied up, but not much else . Hormagaunts on the other hand are NASTY. Learning the rules again, and realizing that despite costing 6 points each, in CC on the assault, these guys get 4 attacks each, re-rolling 1’s. I found that in all the games that I played, that the Termagants were a bit hit/miss. Once in combat, due to sheer number, they kept the SMs occupied for a good few turns (enough to tarpit the squad for the remainder of the game, usually killing a good few in the process. I also found that the Hormagaunts would either keep the SMs occupied for a few turns (bad rolls), or destroy them all on the assault (good rolls).

So yea.. Everything is assembled, just need to get a few more minis finished!

10/41 models painted.

Chris' Week 10 Update

Alas poor Chris is still waiting on paint, the whole debarcle has put a cramp on his style, so why has he not gone and got them from GW or anywhere else, simple answer 20% off! Works out a hell of a saving on the paints he needed and as he has already paid for them little cash to splash. I have been updated that all is based, assembled and converted, however no updates til the paints arrive, though the tally from the previous no update rule still stands.

Challenge No Submission Casualty List

Listed are the number of casualty models each player must have completed by the end of the challenge as a fine for their none submission of weekly updates!
  • Chris - 2 models
  • Jono - 0 models
  • Dave - 0 models
  • Dan - 0 models

As always comments and thoughts are appreciated. Apologies again for the shocking pics normal service will be resumed soon I hope!

Enjoy and see you all next week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails